|Low & Slow Brisket Barbacoa||| Print ||
Makes 6-8 Servings
1. Season brisket generously with salt. Refrigerate for several hours if time allows.
2. Preheat oven to 325°. Heat oil in the bottom of a large Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid. Add 1/2 brisket; cook, over medium-high heat, turning once, until nicely browned on both sides, about 10 minutes. Remove to plate. Repeat with remaining brisket. Once browned, add all brisket back into the pan.
3. Stir in Barbacoa Sauce, 2 cups into water and sliced onion into pan. Heat liquid to a simmer. Remove from the heat. Top the brisket with the bacon slices. Cover the pan tightly. Cook in oven until fork tender, about 2 1/2 - 3 hours.
4. Remove brisket and bacon to a cutting board. Cover loosely with foil. If necessary, boil pan juices with onions over medium-high until reduced to a thin sauce.
5. Slice brisket and bacon thinly across the grain. Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with salt. Spoon the pan juices over all. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with warm tortillas.