- 1 jar (16 ounces) Frontera Tomatillo Salsa
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves, pounded to about 1-inch thick
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, diced
- Salt to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Mix together 1/4 cup of the Salsa with 1 tablespoon of the oil in a baking dish. Add the chicken and turn to coat the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for several hours, if time permits.
- Preheat a charcoal or gas grill to medium-hot heat. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet. Add the remaining salsa to the skillet. Stir for several minutes to concentrate it slightly, then stir in the broth and boil gently until thickened enough to coat a spoon, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the avocado and season sauce with salt.
- Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt. Grill 8 inches from medium-hot coals, turning once, until nicely seared and nearly cooked through, about 8 minutes total. Spoon the sauce onto 4 warm plates. Top with a piece of grilled chicken. Garnish with cilantro.