- 2 to 3 slabs baby back pork ribs, about 4 pounds total
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) Frontera Original Sweet & Smoky BBQ Sauce
- Mesquite or hickory chunks soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- Cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Prepare a charcoal grill for indirect cooking (hot coals banked to the sides of the grill) or preheat a gas grill and then turn off the burners in the center.
- Season ribs generously with salt and pepper. Place the ribs in the center of the grill (not directly over the heat source). Cover the grill and cook 1 hour. Add soaked wood chunks and continue grilling until the meat is very tender and has pulled back from the ends of the bones, an additional 30 to 60 minutes. During the last 20 minutes of grilling time baste the ribs generously with the Frontera Barbecue sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve with remaining sauce on the side.