Serves 4 to 6
- 2 to 3 slabs pork back ribs, about 4 pounds total
- 3/4 cup Frontera Chipotle Hot Sauce, divided use
- Vegetable oil in a spray bottle
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cilantro sprigs
- Place the ribs in a bowl or zippered plastic food bag and add 1/4 cup of the hot sauce. Turn to coat with the sauce. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Combine the remaining ½ cup hot sauce with the ketchup, lime juice, honey and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Heat a gas grill to medium or prepare a charcoal fire, letting the coals burn until they are covered with a gray ash and are medium hot. Turn off the heat in the middle of the gas grill or bank the coals to the sides for indirect cooking.
- Remove the ribs from the marinade and discard the marinade. Oil the ribs and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place ribs on the “cool” part of the grill. Cover the grill and cook until the meat is very tender and has pulled back from the ends of the bones, 1 ½ to 2 hours. During the last 15 minutes of grilling, baste generously with the hot sauce-honey mixture. Serve garnished with sprigs of cilantro.