- 1 whole broiler/fryer chicken, about 3 pounds, cut up
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) Frontera Roasted Chipotle Pineapple Barbecue Sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into ½” pieces- we used Del Monte Gold
- 1/3 cup onion (about ½ of 1 small), chopped,
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Flat-leaf parsley sprigs for garnish
- Rinse chicken pieces, pat dry. Put chicken in large food-safe bag. Add ¼ cup Frontera Grill sauce. Seal bag and turn to coat chicken pieces with the sauce. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken generously with salt. Grill on covered grill until almost done, about 25 minutes. Glaze near the end with ¼ cup Frontera Chipotle Pineapple Barbecue Sauce mixed with 1 tablespoon of the honey.
- While chicken grills, in small saucepan, mix remaining Frontera Grill Sauce with onion, pineapple, raisins, 2 tablespoons honey, Worcestershire, vinegar, and cinnamon. Heat to simmer and cook over medium heat about 10 minutes. Yields about 16 ounces chutney.
- Serve grilled chicken with about ½ cup Pineapple-Chipotle Chutney. Garnish with parsley.