- 8 ounces Mexican chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 2 pounds ground beef chuck or ribeye
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 8 thick slices Monterey jack cheese
- 4 brioche buns, split, toasted
- 1 red onion, thick slices, oiled, salted and grilled
- 2 poblano or Anaheim chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded, sliced
- Frontera Guacamole (Frontera Original Guacamole Mix with two avocados)
- Prepare a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill to medium-high. Heat oven to 400 degrees on convection setting or 425 degrees on regular setting. Cook chorizo in small skillet, breaking up clumps, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper toweling. Set aside.
- Gently mix beef, chile powder and salt in large bowl. Divide into quarters and shape into 4 burgers.
- Grill burgers, turning once, until rare, about 8 minutes. Transfer burgers to a baking sheet and top each with 1 piece of the cheese. Top each with 1/4 of the chorizo and another slice of cheese. Bake in oven until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place burgers on bottoms of toasted buns. Top with a portion of the grilled onion and chiles. Set top of bun in place. Serve Frontera Guacamole.