Serves 4 to 6
- 1 ½ pounds beef flank steak
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Frontera Chipotle Salsa, divided
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium-size white onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup beef broth
- Salt to taste
- Flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- Marinate flank steak in 1 cup of the Frontera Chipotle Salsa, 1 tablespoon of the Worcestershire and soy sauce in a food-safe plastic bag in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot; add oil and heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until caramelized, about 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining Frontera Chipotle Salsa, remaining Worcestershire sauce and beef broth. Cook and stir until reduced and thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Remove steak from marinade. Spritz or brush lightly with oil. Grill steak over a medium-hot grill, turning once, until medium-rare, about 10 minutes total. Remove to a cutting board. Slice thinly against the grain. Serve with warm caramelized onions. Garnish with parsley.
VARIATION: Add 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream to the onions along with the salsa.