- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large (10 ounces) red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Frontera Chipotle Salsa
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ pounds best-quality ground beef
- ½ cup loosely packed chopped fresh herbs, such as cilantro, chives or parsley (or a combination)
- 4 toasted hamburger buns
- Sliced tomatoes
- Arugula leaves or watercress sprigs
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion and cook, stirring until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in ¼ cup of the Salsa and the Worcestershire; mix thoroughly then season with salt and remove from the heat.
- Gently mix ground beef, ½ cup of the Salsa to your taste, 1 teaspoon salt, cumin and herbs. Shape into 4 burgers.
- Grill over medium-high heat until medium-rare, about 3 minutes per side. Serve on toasted buns topped with tomato slices, arugula or watercress and the spicy onions.