Serves 5 to 8
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pound piece trimmed beef brisket
- Salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
- 16 ounces Frontera Jalapeno Cilantro Salsa
- ¼ cup sliced green manzanilla olives
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet. Season brisket generously with salt and pepper. Brown brisket in the oil until nicely golden on all sides.
- Transfer brisket to a slow cooker. Add salsa, olives and capers. Cook, covered, until tender, on low (about 8 hours), or high (4 to 6 hours).
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
Note: Brisket can be cooked as directed in step 2 in a covered enameled cast-iron pot in a 325 degree oven until tender, about 2 hours.