Makes about 4 drinks
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup silver tequila
- ½ cup Cointreau (orange liqueur)
- Superfine sugar, optional
- Lime wedges
- Red chile rimmer, see recipe below
- Sparkling wine or dry Champagne, very cold
- Mix lime juice, tequila and orange liqueur in a small pitcher. Taste and season with a little sugar if you think it needs it. Refrigerate covered until very cold, or up to several hours.
- Moisten the rim of champagne glasses with the lime wedge. Dip the rims into the red chile rimmer to lightly coat them.
- Just before serving, fill glasses with 1/3 cup of the lime juice mixture. Top off with
Red chile rimmer: Mix 1 tablespoon each: salt, sugar, ancho chile powder in a small dish.