Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups bottled or canned guava juice or guava nectar
- 1 ½ cups halved, hulled fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 2 large limes)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar or to taste
- Small, whole strawberries, for garnish
- Put all ingredients, except garnish, into a blender. Process until smooth. Taste for a sweet-tart balance, adding more sugar or lime if necessary.
- Pour the mixture into a 13 x 9-inch pan (metal works best) and set in freezer. After 45 minutes, thoroughly stir mixture with a fork, breaking up the large crystals that have formed. Return to the freezer for another 15 minutes, then stir it again.
- Repeat the freezing-stirring process every 15 minutes until you have a pan full of large, fluffy crystals. (The whole process takes at least 2 hours.) Scrape the finished strawberry guava ice into a freezer container, cover and freeze up to a couple of days. Use a fork to break the mixture into small pieces. Serve in small dishes. Garnish with strawberries.