|Profiteroles with ice cream & Spicy Chocolate Sauce||| Print ||
Makes 8 Sevings
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Have a baking sheet ready.
2. Put milk, ½ cup water, butter and salt into a medium-size saucepan. Heat to boil over medium heat. Add flour all at once. Cook, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth and pulling away from the sides of the pan, 2 or 3 minutes. Cook and stir about 1 minute more.
3. Remove pan from heat. Use a hand-held mixer or wooden spoon, beat in eggs, one at a time, until very smooth.
4. Use 2 large soup spoons dipped in water to make 16 nice round mounds about the size of a ping pong ball. Smooth the tops with your finger dipped in water.
5. Bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue to bake until golden brown and crisp, about 10 minutes more. Turn off oven. Cool in oven 10 minutes. Then remove from oven. (When cool, the puffs can be stored in a cookie tin for a few days.)
6. To serve, cut puffs in half and fill bottoms with ice cream. Put the tops in place and put 2 on each serving plate. Drizzle with spicy chocolate sauce. Serve immediately.