- 5 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, preferably Mexican canela
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup organic whipping (heavy) cream
- Garnish: Softly whipped cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter a 2-quart soufflé or baking dish. Sprinkle dish with granulated sugar; invert dish and tap out excess sugar.
- Whisk eggs in large bowl until thoroughly blended. Whisk in pumpkin, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until smooth. Stir in chopped pecans. Beat 1 cup whipping cream in small electric mixer bowl until they hold soft peaks. Gently fold into the pumpkin mixture.
- Spoon into prepared dish. Bake until knife inserted 1-inch in from edges comes out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature topped with whipped cream.