- 4 firm, but ripe, peaches
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, preferably Mexican cinnamon (canela)
- 8 small scoops best-quality ice cream, preferably dulce de leche flavor
- ½ cup coarsely chopped Mexican chocolate
- Light a gas grill to medium or prepare a charcoal fire, letting the coals burn until they are covered with a gray ash and are medium. Cut the peaches in half and twist apart. Sprinkle the cut sides generously with sugar and cinnamon. Let stand a few minutes.
- Place the peaches on the grill cut side down directly over the heat. Cover and grill until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Turn skin side down and continue grilling until tender, about 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Arrange 2 peach halves on each serving plate. Top each with 2 scoops of ice cream. Sprinkle each with about 2 tablespoons of the chocolate. Serve immediately.