- 2 black-ripe plantains or yellow but still firm bananas
- 2 tablespoons EACH: butter, granulated sugar
- 6 slices pound cake or angel food cake
- 12 small scoops dulce de leche, crème caramel or vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 6 to 8 tablespoons bottled chocolate sauce or caramel sauce, warmed
- Raspberries or blackberries for garnish
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Use a paring knife to slit the skin on the plantains or bananas, then remove it. Slice the plantains or bananas into ¼-inch thick diagonal slices. Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet. Add the plantain or banana slices in a single layer and sprinkle with the granulated sugar. Cook over medium heat, shaking the pan, until golden, about 2 minutes.
- To serve, put 1 slice cake on each dessert plate. Top each with some of the warm plantain mixture, then 2 small scoops of ice cream. Drizzle warm chocolate sauce over all. Top with a few berries and sprinkle it with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.