At Frontera, one of our goals is to live sustainably through active, positive and thoughtful interaction in three inter-related spheres:
- Investing in our community, staff, customers and suppliers. Sustainability begins with the relationships we have developed with our community.
- Living in balance with our environment and the seasons. Our aim is to serve flavorful, artisanal food grown responsibly by people we know.
- Running our businesses in a financially responsible way. We work from month to month, and year to year, to sustain healthy, manageable growth.
Collaboration is the driving force in the food we serve and sell, and the creativity behind everything we do:
- Thoughtful food buying supports local economies, sustainable agricultural; lowers shipping costs, and improves nutrition.
- Free purified water mitigates negative impact of bottled water.
- Compostable packaging of plant based plastic and paper, reduces landfill waste.
- Humanely raised, antibiotic-free meat and poultry and seafood caught or raised responsibly contributes to improved health.
- Frontera recycles glass, cardboard, plastics and organic material. Vegetable oil is recycled as bio-diesel fuel.
- Xoco is LEED Gold certified for environmentally sustainable building and design.